Lying here beside myself with joy
I am too much for my mirror…
…I fell in love as a boy
Opened my eyes and saw my shadow…
I saw this article today, entitled How Does A Narcissist Think? and it got me to thinking. How does a narcissist think and do I know any? Let’s see, how exactly would one go about identifying a narcissist? Well, here are a few traits typically found in the personality disorder that is narcissism:
- Has a grandiose sense of self-importance, e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements.
- Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
- Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
- Requires excessive admiration.
- Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.
- Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.
- Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
- Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.
- Shows arrogance, haughty behaviors, or attitudes.
Hmm. Does that sound like anyone you know? These traits certainly remind me of someone. I don’t know him but I hear he has a mean handshake.
- Oh, Hail
- Save Our Society